Vergie
My heart aches for things i have done
Been living in a world of regrets
I've been awaken by countless tomorrows
as countless as there is sand on the shore...
Tomorrows became todays..
todays became but memories,
and memories became haunting sorrows...
I cry loud for the things i have done
I lay silent for the things i wish i did..
As the smiles I paint myself with everyday,
trickle down as i cry
Slowly showing the pains I bore..
I am without heartaches
as i am compared...
Angry..Bitter and envious...
Am i shadow at noon?
Stood upon..
A rock i may be am,
but thrown down a cliff
I break...
The wear,
the tear
has taken its toll..
The heart of stone
can bear no more..
But as countless as tomorrows
the steps I tread...
I walk upon
every road unfolding...
My ears,
gone deaf from wounding words..
My feet,
gone thick from thorny roads..
I'll wear a smile
for every tomorrow comes..
Walk forward
with eyes wide open,
but blind..
I could see no more
but hazy shades of gray..
As countless as tomorrows
i've been through..
Til' they become today,
i'll walk the hazy fields of shades of gray,
seeing but tears..
Tomorrow never ends,
so does today...Unceasing..
Mem'ries may crumple my heart,
I will not falter...
My knees may break,
it may shiver...
I will not fall!
For as long as tomorrow
is without end,
and today comes tomorrow,
the yesterdays bid goodbye
I'll trod every road unfolding..
As long as each day is
as bright as any day,
The sun will continue
to break each dawn!..
2 Responses
  1. johann Says:

    it feeds me with hope that there's always a better tomorrow after my bitter past.. i guess you were right when you said it heals.. i'm currently in pain.. angry.. struggling to break free.. almost hopeless but never willing to give up.. think i'll consider this a heart warming inspiration to keep moving forward..:)


  2. Vergie Says:

    no way but forward..hope my experience helped you as it did helped me...just remember that no matter how many times you were down, there's always a subsequent of moving up...just bare with it, and eventually you'll break free.. life's not only for the strong, but also for the faint of heart who still hopes for a better day..


Post a Comment